Wear appropriate academic attire at all times during the academic day unless otherwise directed by the Office or Head of School.
Students are expected to wear solid colored, long or short sleeve polo style shirts with solid black, blue or khaki pants or shorts with like- colored stitching and closed toed tennis shoes or dress shoes that are appropriate for recess and P.E. Hair is expected to be naturally colored, well groomed, neat, clean and out of the eyes.
In colder weather, students may wear a solid color t-shirt or turtleneck under their polo-style shirt. Leggings will also be allowed under approved clothing. DSCA Sweatshirts/Hoodies are the only outerwear allowed on campus and may be worn with a polo-style shirt beneath them.
Girls may also wear solid neutral-colored capris pants, uniform skorts or uniform jumpers with like-colored stitching. (A polo-style shirt and shorts must be worn underneath the jumper and shorts should not be longer than the jumper.) All pants, shorts, and skorts must be modestly loose without being oversized or too tight and must be an acceptable length (mid-thigh or longer while sitting and at or above the knee when standing).
The following is NOT acceptable at DSCA:
- Logos or character designs on clothing or anything brought to school. (Small brand logos will be allowed on outerwear, backpacks, lunch bags, and shoes.)
- Sweat pants, leggings, knit pants or shorts (Knit shorts are allowed underneath skirts and jumpers, as long as they are unseen when standing.)
- Torn or frayed clothing.
- Clogs, sandals, high heels, rollers, springs, house shoes or flip-flops. (9th-12th grades are allowed to wear flip-flops.)
- Shoes with lights, character designs, or other embellishment.
- Excessive jewelry or hair accessories.
- Earrings or exposed piercings for boys; exposed body piercings for girls (not including earrings).
- Make-up in Grammar School (Kinder-5th grade).
- Make-up in Logic and Rhetoric School that is distracting or excessive (6th -12th).
- Outerwear, sweaters, and hats worn inside the building.
- Anything deemed inappropriate by Staff.